Thursday, November 29, 2012

Emeka Okafor caught a falling Wizards fan.


Attention: This is what happens when your favorite team that has gone under a 12 game losing streak to start the season and finally wins one at home.
“I was just so excited about the first win of the season that I leaned over too far,” said the fan, who declined to be named out of embarrassment. “I didn’t realize [Okafor] was too far away.”
“He was falling over and I saw the guy,” Okafor said of the incident. “He was smiling the whole time. Before I got there he had stopped himself. I just helped put him back into the stands.”
 “He was over [the railing] but he had a huge smile on his face. He had absolutely no awareness of the danger he was in,” Okafor said with a laugh. “That’s a first for me. I haven’t seen that before.”
Imagine if the Washington Wizards was extending a win streak instead, he would have done triple bye bye birdie off his seats and planted his head right on the stadium floor. But that was not the case, he is save and alive, and has Emerka Okafor to thank for. Too bad, he will forever be remembered as the way-too-excited guy that almost killed himself in a Wizards game.

Source: Washington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment