Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tim Duncan paid Brent Barry a $100 bucks to kiss David Stern.


If Brent Barry isn't already one of your favorite players, he will be after you hear this amazing story. But before I start, how can you not love Brent Barry, he was the last white guy to ever win the dunk contest, and did all of  his dunks with his warm up jacket on. On top of that, he once crip walked on national television during the 3 point shooting competition, no one will ever be as a cool as him.

Yes, I know and you are welcome. Fact, Gary Payton dared him to do it for a $1000 bucks, totally worth it.

Okay, on to the story. Brent seems to really love doing weird dares for money, because in a recent interview with Buzzfeed, Bones revealed a hilarious event during the 2005 San Antonio Spurs's ring ceremony.
As I basked in that satisfaction I stood next to Tim Duncan. I said something like "Well that was fun last year, we should try to do this again!" He giggled his goofy giggle. And then I asked him how much he would give me if I kissed David Stern upon getting my ring.
He offered a sum, I considered it and waited for my name to be called. As I approached the Commish I felt like I couldn't let my captain down. So after a quick ‘Congratulations Brent’ from David I hugged him and planted one right on his cheek. To this day, I swear he and grandma have the same skin.
Classic Bones, the funnier thing was that Tim Duncan is actually a way more interesting dude than I would have ever thought. There is even more to this tale, history shows that Spurs would win another title in 2007, and this time, David Stern had a few words for Brent.
Needless to say, in 2007 when I was a part of a second championship with the Spurs, things were not as spontaneous. I saw David in the locker room prior to the game as he usually makes it standard practice to visit the teams prior to the ceremony as he did in 2005. He stole a moment with me and told me there'll be no more kisses tonight.
The perfect ending.

Source: Buzzfeed, via PBT



No comments:

Post a Comment