Sunday, December 23, 2012

LeBron James will never compete in the NBA Dunk Contest.

Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
Guys, this is the worst LeBron James news since the "Decision."

From SI:
On Saturday night after the Heat’s 105-89 home victory over the Utah Jazz, James ended all speculation about him competing in the (Slam Dunk) contest. When asked, if he would ever compete, James said:
“No,’’ said James to Fox Sports Florida. “It’s over with. I’m getting too old… It’s a taxing season. A lot of stars play a lot of the bulk of the minutes. So they got to protect their body and understand that they got to do what’s best for them. There were times when I wanted to do it. But I came into All-Star Weekend a few times banged up and I didn’t want to risk further injury.”
LeBron is currently in his 10th season, he is 29 years old and did this last year.


What was even more amazing than that dunk was that he managed to dodge the contest for this long. He entered the league at 19, and dominated right way with pure athletic ability (and the right amount of playmaking). According to NBA history, these kind of guys can't escape the beloved event of the All Star weekend. Hey Mr. David Stern, maybe you can do this one last thing for the fans before your retirement, we promise to hate you a little less.

LeBron, please give us an answer. Because winning the Slam Dunk contest was every child's dream and I can't imagine you to think differently. I still practice on my Nerf hoop to this day awaiting for my invite (my 360-through-the-legs is legit). I just don't get it, look at what he could do back in Cleveland and tell me how he could possibly lose to Nate Robinson (his 3-peat is a joke).


The worst thing about all of this, was that he lied. He declared for the 2010 Dunk contest and toyed with our hearts.


Thanks for crushing the souls of millions, again.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about you but ever since I was a little kid and first saw Michael Jordan fly from the free throw line, hang in the air for what seemed like an hour and dunk the ball one-handed like a BOSS, I was never the same.

    From that moment I've always wanted to dunk - call it a childhood dream I guess.

    Only problem is I've never been the tallest or most athletic player around. Sure, I'm good on the court and my ball skills are tight, but I've never been THAT player.

    You know, the guy that everyone watches. That explosive freak of nature that will block a shot, steal the ball, sprint down court and then reverse dunk making the other team look like sad amateurs.

    That was never me.

    However, I've just been told that Justin 'Jus Fly' Darlington (world's highest dunker) and Adam Folker (pro baller) have decided to release every single one of their secrets in a program they've used to add 32 inches in total to their vertical jumps.

    So maybe this is my chance to finally dunk…and yours too.

    It's hard to believe they would even release something like this, but here it is….

    > Check it out for yourself. <

    ReplyDelete